Sunday, June 12, 2011

Apple iPhone/iPad app : Puffin Browser

Many people choose android phones to iPhone due to the fact that iPhone does not support adobe flash player. In fact in my opinion, the only point iPhone lost to android phones is the lack of flash player. But we all know that Steve jobs already commented on why he refused flash player on apple devices. It is because Flash player may bring down the performance on the apple devices ( See my previous post for more info )
But fear not! I found out a browser that actually enable us to watch flash videos! The name of the app is "Puffin Browser" and it cost USD$0.99. Paying USD$0.99 and we get to watch flash videos on our iPhones and iPad? That seems quite worth it. The disclaimer on the app is that the app does not enable flash games. I tried playing a few y8 games on my iPad using puffin and most games can be played! (Only that iPad doesn't have a mouse and the arrow keys) I even tried playing Habbo and it loads and runs even smoother than "Alwaysonpc"!
I know currently there is also another app called "Skyfire browser" that enables us to watch flash videos too. Skyfire cost USD$4.95 and its video takes some time to buffer, but puffin doesn't. So I prefer using puffin instead because it enables me to play some flash games, watch flash videos fast and also cheaper.
So that's all for tonight, shall post again soon!

1 comment:

Ringfeart said...

I totally agree! Look for more info at http://www.ringfeart.net/?s=puffin
Change language (below Translate) to read the articles.